*Sorry for the delayed post. It has been a really busy few months! I plan on writing about it at a later date :)*
“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail” – Benjamin Franklin
How true is that quote? This is why I plan out my meals for the week. Not to mention, it saves us money on groceries. On Friday night, I plan out our menu for the week and make my grocery list. I typically only cook every other night. It saves us money, ensures we eat leftovers so they don’t go to waste….and it’s a nice break for this momma 🙂
Before I list some meal ideas for you guys, let me say this to my weight watchers friends – When I eat all of my weight watchers points for the day, I am most consistent in my weight loss. Just something to keep in mind.
Let me just say I am not a big breakfast eater, but I figured out I make better choices about what I eat when I do not skip a meal. If I let myself get too hungry, it’s harder to use my willpower to make a good choice. I firmly believe that hangry (When you are so hungry that your lack of food causes you to become angry, frustrated or both) is a real thing. So, I try to be really careful not to let myself get to that point!
Things that I eat for breakfast:
- Greek Yogurt and fruit. My favorite greek yogurt is Publix Premium brown sugar and pear. (3 plus points). I also like the Dannon light & fit greek yogurts.
- Protein Shake. My go to is EAS AdvantEDGE Carb control shakes or Premier Protein Shakes. (4 plus points)
- ½ cup Fat free cottage cheese and a Del Monte no sugar added fruit cup (3 plus points)
- ¾ cup cereal, ¼ cup fat free milk (points depend on what cereal)
- Atkins Protein Bar
If you are more of a breakfast eater. I would suggest looking up breakfast ideas on Pinterest. If you are going with the weight watchers program, just search for weight watchers breakfast ideas with points. There are some yummy looking quiches!
Lunch in my house is a little chaotic. There are 4 children that I am trying to get fed during that time. So, I have to do easy/ready-to-go lunches. Some of these ideas will not have measurements with them, I just go by the serving size on the nutritional labels when putting these lunches together.
Things I eat for lunch:
- 2 oz Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh Rotisserie Seasoned Chicken Breast & 1 slice of Sargento Reduced Fat sliced swiss cheese. Sometimes I eat this on Sarah Lee 45 calories and delightful wheat bread with lettuce, tomato and mustard (5 plus points). Sometimes I eat the sandwich meat rolled up in 2 slices of the cheese (5 plus points). I eat this with fruit (0 plus points) and Snack Factory honey mustard pretzel chips (3 plus points).
- Salads. My favorite is baby spinach, strawberries, blue berries, 1 oz reduced fat feta and 2 tbs Ken’s steak house lite balsamic dressing. Another go to is chopped up lettuce, tomato, rotisserie chicken sandwich meat, reduced fat swiss cheese or reduced fat shredded cheddar with 2tbsp Kraft fat free zesty Italian dressing.
- Tuna. I know a lot of people think it’s gross (especially the hubby), but I love tuna and it’s packed with protein. I will make tuna salad using 1 can light chunk tuna in water, 1tbsp light or reduced fat mayo, mustard and pickle relish (3 points plus). I have also mixed tuna with 2tbsp of the fat free zesty Italian dressing (2 points plus). Tuna melts are also really yummy with the Sara Lee 45 calories and delightful wheat bread, lettuce and a slice of reduced fat swiss cheese. (7 plus points). OR try this recipe for Skinny Buffalo Ranch tuna salad http://www.skinnykitchen.com/recipes/skinny-buffalo-ranch-tuna-salad/
- Left overs from supper.
- Sea Cuisine (Frozen Fish Filets) – I heat one of these up and pair it with a side salad or broccoli.
- Soup. I don’t care if it’s the middle of summer…I love a good soup. Again, pinterest has a ton of weight watcher’s soup ideas. I will pick one, make a pot of it on Saturday or Sunday and put it in the refrigerator for an easy lunch. Some of my favorite weight watchers soup recipes are:
Mom’s V-8 Soup http://theweightofmyweight.com/2014/11/20/vegetable-tots/
0 point weight watchers cabbage soup http://www.food.com/recipe/ww-0-point-weight-watchers-cabbage-soup-128956?photo=248941
- Protein Bars. I really like the Atkins brand bars.
- Greek Yogurt
- Fat free cottage cheese and fruit
- Weight watchers string cheese
- Protein Shake
- Smart Pop popcorn
- Baked Apples http://www.mommity.com/baked-apple-microwave/
- Broccoli or carrots with this dip http://indulgy.com/post/SAeN8j88M2/weight-watchers-point-ranch-calories-no-fat-an
- Roasted Broccoli. The WHOLE family loves this one http://slimsanity.com/roasted-frozen-broccoli/
- Cucumber, tomato, onion salad http://keepingitontheskinny.blogspot.com/2012/06/cucumber-tomato-and-onion-salad.html
I drink mostly water, but every now and then I need something with a little flavor.
- Strawberry Banana Slushy: http://stilettostolegos.com/food-drinks/april-19th-2012-zero-calorie-slushy/
- Ocean spray Diet Juices. My favorites are cranberry cherry and cranberry lemonade
- Mock Wendy’s Forsty: https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=321507
- Pineapple Whip: http://detoxinista.com/2013/02/pineapple-whip/
- Cookies and Cream Shake: https://www.weightwatchers.com/us/recipe/cookies-and-cream-shake-1/5626a5e6f79cf9120df3827c
- Healthy Summer Squash http://www.free-ww-recipes.net/healthy-summer-squash/
- Roasted butternut squash http://www.ww-recipes.net/2015/11/panroasted-butternut-squash-2-ww-points-1-ww-point/
- Twice bake potatoes http://wwrecipes7.blogspot.ca/2015/12/twice-baked-potatoes-2-smartpoints.html?m=1#.Vnqk6hUrKM9
- This is my ABSOLUTE favorite! Roasted french onion potatoes http://www.laaloosh.com/2012/11/21/roasted-french-onion-potatoes/
- Honey Mustard Broccoli Slaw http://www.skinnykitchen.com/recipes/super-low-calorie-honey-mustard-broccoli-slaw/
- Broccoli Salad http://www.skinnykitchen.com/recipes/super-low-calorie-honey-mustard-broccoli-slaw/
- We eat a lot of broccoli. I season it with Garlic salt.
- Sweet Potatoes
- I’m not a big rice eater, but every now and then you have a recipe that needs a side of rice. There’s nothing wrong with regular rice, but I would encourage you give cauliflower rice at try. We love it. http://cookeatpaleo.com/how-to-make-cauliflower-rice/
I get super hungry between 4-5. I don’t really know why, but I always have. So I try to save more points for supper than the other meals. Here are a few of my favorite dinner recipes.
- Layered Pasta Bake – I have tried A LOT of layered pasta bakes and they were either dry or bland. Not this one. This lady always has some AMAZING recipes on her blog http://www.emilybites.com/2011/11/layered-pasta-bake.html
- Easy Garlic Chicken – http://rincon-cocina.blogspot.com/2014/10/easy-garlic-chicken.html
- Crackers and any kind of dip are my weakness! Charleston Cheese Dip…mmmm…This recipe tastes rich and creamy like one of those dips. I had a hard time believing it was healthy. I did modify it a bit. I used reduced fat cream cheese, fat free sour cream, reduced fat mayo and reduced fat shredded cheddar. It was still heavenly http://joyfilledeats.com/bacon-ranch-chicken-casserole/
- Another heavenly casserole http://www.laaloosh.com/2013/07/04/cheesy-chicken-and-rice-casserole/
- Zucchini Parmesan Casserole: http://www.skinnykitchen.com/recipes/skinny-zucchini-parmesan/
- Meatloaf: http://www.skinnykitchen.com/recipes/skinny-meatloaf-2/
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Everything Chicken: http://www.emilybites.com/2015/08/cream-cheese-stuffed-everything-chicken.html
- Weight watchers BLT Pasta Salad: http://www.recipe-diaries.com/2014/07/03/weight-watchers-blt-pasta-salad/
- Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry: https://www.weightwatchers.com/us/recipe/beef-and-broccoli-stir-fry-1/5626a625f79cf9120df3a7fb
- I also buy chicken breasts, marinade and grill them. I like the grill mates packets of seasoning like zesty herb or backyard brew.
- Hormel Pork Tenderloin
- Grilled hamburger patties with sauteed onions and mushrooms
- Weight watchers has chocolate fudge ice cream bars and ice cream sandwiches that are good.
- Microwave Mug Cakes…because there are no tempting leftovers! https://simple-nourished-living.com/weight-watchers-3-2-1-microwave-mug-cake/
- Caramel Apple Fluff http://cocinandoconalena.blogspot.com/2010/12/weight-watchers-caramel-apple-fluff.html
- Oreo Fluff http://www.101recipes.info/2016/04/oreo-fluff.html?m=1
- Pumpkin Fluff http://www.food.com/recipe/pumpkin-fluff-ww-2-points-plus-488401
What do I do when I eat out?
You can google weight watchers plus points for almost any restaurant. So before we go out the eat I peruse the online menu, figure out the weight watchers points and make my decision before we go to the restaurant.
I know that’s a lot of information, but I hope it will give you some ideas as you start planning for your week!